So it looks like we are getting spoilt for choice with lots of exciting theatre to choose from this Christmas Season here in Edinburgh, there is something for everyone with some ballet, magic and of course the panto :
- A (sort of ) Christmas Carol Magic Show – The delightful Morgan and West are back in Edinburgh to amaze us with their trickery and sprinkle a little chistmassy magic with this show-as a huge fan of their fringe show I’m very excited about this one ! The only problem is, they’re baffled by the story. Well not just one problem, there are also only two of them to play all the parts. Oh, and Mr West is rather insistent on doing a magic show at the same time. How hard could it possibly be?There’s fun in store for everyone in this utterly splendid (and totally silly) Christmas magic show! 1st December – 7th January Festival Square Theatre
- Alice’s Adventures In wonderland – When Alice sees a snappily dressed white rabbit holding a pocket watch, she knows today is not going to be like any other – an adventure is beginning! Follow Alice down the rabbit hole and tumble into Wonderland – a place where everyone and everything seems to be stark raving mad and things keep getting ‘curiouser and curiouser’. Saturday 26th November – Saturday 31st December Royal Lyceum Theatre
- Scottish Ballet: Hansel and Gretel – Unwrap a tasty Christmas treat with Christopher Hampson’s magical Hansel & Gretel.
In a small, 1950s town, all the children have disappeared. Plucky Hansel and Gretel embark on an exciting adventure, traveling deep into the enchanted forest to find their friends.Hansel & Gretel takes creative twists and turns inspired by the Grimm Brother’s famous fairy tale. A carousel of delicious treats from start to finish, this is a ballet full to the brim with magic; from toys that come to life to a beautiful ballerina who is not at all what she seems. .Saturday 10th December – Saturday 31st December Festival Theatre
- Too Many Penguins – How many penguins are too many penguins? Mr Polaro thinks that one is more than enough, thank you very much.
How many penguins can we get in one space? Squeeze into this fun theatrical experience, created especially for 1 – 4 year olds, to find out. It might get crowded, but we promise the arrival of the penguins, however many, will entertain and delight. Wednesday 14th December – Saturday 24th D ecember The Studio at Festival Theatre
- Jack and The Beanstalk – Jack is back, and you can follow him climbng a beanstalk of gigantic proportions in this brilliant family pantomime. Expect laughs, music, dazzling special effects, magic beans and lots of audience participation. Saturday 26th November – Sunday 15th January King’s Theatre