Wow…so August festival season has started with a bang ! Two days in and I’m three press launches down and in need of a serious good night’s sleep ! But it’s been so much fun – and from all the amazing, varied snippets of shows I’ve been lucky to see, this fringe is going to be fantastic !!
Other highlights included :
- Basil Brush – He popped in for a quick visit, which delighted everyone !! He will be here with songs, stories and more for the whole family !
- Magical Bones – I think this guy would be great for older children, and anyone keen to see magic and some impressive acrobatics combined !
- Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo – we were met by one of the dinosaur’s from this show outside and it was incredible – kids are going to LOVE it….
- Blizzard – I was already SO excited to see this after the awesome Attrape Moi last year – and the brief preview we got to see did not disappoint !!
- Morgan and West – Yay ! We love these guys and this year their quick witted humour is working it’s magic on science and the glimpse we got was great !!
- La Galerie – Bringing humour to circus and seamlessly taking the audience with them – I’m keen to see the whole show as the glimpse we got wasn’t nearly enough!
Lastly, the List party was lots of fun, and Summerhall the perfect venue – I love exploring all the corridors and walkways….
………and if you’re lucky enough you will find the amazing Swallow The Sea caravan this year – parked in the Summerhall courtyard. Bringing you an escape from the norm and plunging audiences into a different world. Shadow and tabletop puppetry, object theatre, poetry, installation and live soundscape give a rare opportunity to experience intimate all-immersive theatre in the tiniest of settings with the smallest of audiences. It is totally worth going to Summerhall just to see the caravan, let alone all the other shows being hosted there !