Wowee – my investigations into the BBC area this year at the festival were obviously not that thorough as I missed the page detailing what shows are on and what shows you can apply for tickets for…and it turns out there are lots of great kids shows being filmed at the BBC tent and best of all we can all apply to get free tickets. You have until the 22nd July to apply for tickets and then names will be randomly drawn.
But if you don’t manage to get any, don’t despair as it says ” On family fun days tickets for additional shows are available at the venue. Please note, these shows cannot be pre-booked and will be ticketed on the day as first come first served. The family fun days are: Saturday 3, Sunday 4, Saturday 10, Sunday 11, Saturday 17, Sunday 18, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August.” Great ! I like the sound of the family fun days and if last year is anything to go by, its definately worth taking a look whats on and bringing the kids along one weekend…
So, shows you can apply for tickets for now include:
- Rastamouse & Da Rocksteady Reggae School (Saturday 3 August 10am)– Also on Sunday 4th August 10.00am here
- CBBC’s Absolute Genius (Saturday 10 August 10.30am)– Also on Sunday 11th August 11.30am here
- Mr Bloom (Tuesday 20 August 2pm) – Also on Tuesday 20th at 3pm, and Wednesday 21st August at 2pm and 3pm
- CBeebies’ Nina and the Neurons (Saturday 24 August 11am)
- And one of my favourites as I mentioned in an earlier post – Julia Donaldson – so if you missed out on getting tickets to see her at the Book Festival, you’ve got another chance here ! Authors Live with Julia Donaldson (Sunday 25 August 2pm)
That looks like a great bunch of shows and lots of opportunities to be part of the magic at the BBC tent ! If you do apply, fingers crossed you get tickets !